Snelling is seeking a qualified candidate for the the position of Quality Manager.
Job Responsibilities of Quality Manager
- Manage the quality department. This includes leading and managing a skilled inspection and warranty staff, developing, and managing the department budget, and monitoring and evaluating department goals and objectives.
- Oversee and manage the inspection activities of our Quality Department. It is imperative that the products are correct and timely. You will ensure this is accomplished through the use of sound inspection sampling methods.
- Direct the design, maintenance, and implementation of quality assurance programs and internal/external audits of our quality management system.
- Manage and work with vendors and customers on quality issues.
- Work with our Purchasing, Engineering, and Manufacturing Departments to improve supplier and in-house quality.
- Implementing corrective and preventive actions to reduce the short and long-term cost of poor quality.
- Evaluate and identify the capabilities of all processes within the manufacturing environment, introduce metrics to monitor same and report to management on improvements necessary to exceed customer and industry standards.
- Provide sponsorship and act as a change facilitator for SPC, FMEA, DOE and process validation systems.
- BS or MS in quality, engineering, or manufacturing (steel or metal manufacturing a plus)
- 2+ years of quality system experience
- Zero Defect mindset
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly inspection methods and equipment.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to promote and mentor the organization in quality procedures.
- Experience teaching and applying structured problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict management skills.
- High intellect: Conceptual, strategic, but able to probe into specifics when necessary. Analytical and fact-based, but able to draw on intuition. Able to reduce an overwhelming amount of information into a few salient issues to focus on.
Please submit your application for Quality Manager immediately for review.
Tupelo, Mississippi 38801