Snelling Staffing is now seeking a Controller in the Pontotoc, MS area.
The BU Controller will report directly into the General Manager for the BU(s) that they wholly support. In addition, the BU Controller will have a dotted line into a Divisional Controller.
- Perform monthly closing of financials for BU in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and supplemental reports as required.
- Prepare monthly analysis of financial results including variance/ bridging analysis in coordination with the BU GM
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations as well as perform a peer review on another BU’s reconciliations.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain proper inventory reporting and control at the BU (labor and burden rates, excess and obsolete inventory, inventory costing, etc.)
- • Coordination and oversight of physical inventories/ cycle counting to ensure compliance for the audit.
- Oversee working capital levels within the BU to ensure that working capital levels meet expectations.
- Coordinate evaluation of capital projects and approval process.
- Assist FP&A on operational analysis, trend projections and forecasting (quarterly) as well as the annual operating budget.
- Lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity, and quality, while reducing costs
• Provide financial support on as needed basis GM and other BU employees.
• Conduct ad hoc analyses and projects.
• Ensure compliance of policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Lead, mentor and set annual goals for direct reports (see Team Management below)
The BU Controller needs to have the ability to make timely business decisions if the GM is unavailable. In addition, the BU Controller will need to be willing to get involved with other department activity (HR, procurement, etc.)
Each BU has between 1-4 accounting staff who helps with accounts receivable activity (billing, cash application, collections) and accounts payable (invoice entry, 3-way match, payments). The BU Controller will manage the accounting staff and work with the Divisional Controller to identify efficiencies within the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
Tupelo, Mississippi 38801